Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The bargain pants


Everyone who knows me...knows I love a bargain. After Christmas, I found a pair of pajama pants 90% off at Wal-Mart. They were only a $1. They weren't necessarily my style, but for a buck, I could wear them around the house.

Well, I tried my "bargains" on the other day and it was to mixed reviews. I walked out to the living room and asked Doughie, "What do you think?" She said, "Are those made for women?" (Never a good comment) I said, "Of course! They fit me don't they?" She said, "I guess...." and it sounded more like "not just no....but...."

So, I decided that I better go look at my $1 pants a little closer. I looked in my bathroom mirror. The pants are cream colored and have a funky picture on one of the legs...not too bad so far....after all, they were just a buck. I turned to look at my backside and that was when I knew the horrible truth. No ones hiney should look like that. My cellulite was on display in such a way that I vowed to diet that very day. Also, I didn't notice before, but the pants had a flashing light. So when I moved, it was like one of those "wide-load" trucks beeping as it backs up. Not a good look....even for around the house. Honestly, nude would be preferable.

I won't be wearing these "bargains" again. If anyone is braver than me....you can have them. Call me or comment and these babies are yours!


Fabulous pic of the "blinking light" and my shadow....

Please share if you have had a "Fabulous deal" like mine....

9 comments:

Lisa said...

I buy the wrong things just because they are on sale. That one's a beauty, but I will decline on the "give away".

JulieJ said...

Are you really always posting at 6:00 a.m.? Are you getting too old to sleep in or what? JK
Love the pants! I can't pass up a bargain either, but hate it when they fail. Did you get my message yesterday? Let me know when it's a good time to come over. We have a garage full of people's furniture that we have great plans for, so I'm not sure how my husband will feel. But I'll come take a look.

Dellp said...

Nice! They are beautiful. I am soooo sad you didn't let me in on the bargain. :o(

JK. Don't look at me to take them off your hands. Even though I don't have sweet little ones around to tell me how marvelous I look each day, I do have all of these mirrors everywhere courtesy of the last owner. I don't think my self confidence could take the hit. :oD

stoner said...

JulieJ, I am in bed at 06:00. I just have everything scheduled. I am a blogging fool and have like 15 posts scheduled at all times....someone needs a life! :D

Actually, I just want to remember some of these silly stories. If I don't write them down I forget by lunch.

William said...

What!? No pics of rippling cellulite showing through tight cotton! Denied! :o






...I'm a sick freak.

stoner said...

I think it is enough that I admitted that I had cellulite....providing a pic would only destroy my self-esteem.....and provide too many siblings with horrifying blackmail fodder! :P

stoner said...

Willy....you didn't say...would you like the pants? They would look hot on you!

William said...

Now that's a frightening thought!

They'd probably show the bulges where there shouldn't be bulges! :o

stoner said...

Ummmmm.....TMI! :D