Monday, May 4, 2009

Say "Sorry"


Sassy and I play a game, it goes something like this:

Sassy crying, "That chair hurt me. Make it say sorry"
Me, grabbing the chair, using my "chair voice," "Sorry Sassy! I didn't mean to hurt you!"
Sassy, "Spank it!"
Me, lightly patting the chair, "Naughty chair! Naughty!"

For some reason, it always makes her feel better. We do it a couple times a week. Sometimes it is the point on the table that hurts her, an errant toy on the floor, doesn't matter what, it is always the same routine.

Well, the other day, she said, "Mommy, make my teeth say sorry to my finger!"

That is when I decided the game had gone far enough.....I knew that it was only a matter of time before I heard, "Make my hand say sorry for hitting Doughie." Also, I really don't want to here her say to me as a teenager, "Mom, make my hand say sorry for writing the wrong answers!" or "Make my lips say sorry for kissing that boy..."

You get the idea.

Do you have any similar "games" that sadly went awry?

2 comments:

Amberly said...

One of my kids used to tell me that her "belly" didn't feel like going outside to play, or her belly didn't really want to go to bed. That belly really had some excuses!

Dellp said...

Responsibility--the original four letter word--times 3 1/2. That must make it REALLY BAD!!!!

:oP