Thursday, March 19, 2009

Running

We were driving to dance the other night when Doughie asked me when she should "unleash her talent to all the world." (singing) She went on to say that she didn't want to do it too soon, because she needed to get faster at running. She already has a couple of boys who chase her at recess and she is convinced that when she "unleashes her talent" it is going to be a free-for-all!

She said dramatically, "The Jonas Brothers have many girls chasing them and I just know it is going to be the same for me. So, do you think I should wait until I am 16 or 14?" (I am not sure how she came to these numbers but they sound good to me.)

Never having talent that needed to be "unleashed" I told her to wait until she was 16....that would give her plenty of time to practice her running.....what do you think?


One of the few bands I would have chased....if I had been alive. Now, they would be too easy to catch and old smelling.....or dead smelling? I know...I know...I took it too far--yet again.

Who would you chase if given the opportunity?

6 comments:

Dellp said...

I love the confidence! Yes, I think that Doughie should wait.

When do you sign her up for some track lessons?

As to chasing the Beatles...2 of them are, unfortunately for the world, beyond our reach. However, Paul seems to like them young...

:oD

Lisa said...

Your kids say the funniest things! I love that you share these with me. I think you could make a book of their wacky ideas.

William said...

Ringo is the only living Beatle. Paul died in a car crash back in 1967. The band hired an impersonator from Canada to take his place. Afterward, the remaining Beatles left clues about Paul's death in their songs and album art.

No, I don't really believe that, but I do find the lore surrounding this to be incredibly interesting. If you haven't already, you should look at some of the videos about the hoax on Youtube.

Tell Doughie for me that I want to be one of her roadies! :D

stoner said...

Who created the story? The Beatles themselves?

That is really interesting....you would have thought in all my obsessing, I would have known that little tidbit.

Send some links please.

William said...

The dates when Paul supposedly died kind of fluctuate. I've seen as early as 1964 and as late as 1967. The date I've seen most often is September 11, 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead - Wikipedia page

Here is a list of "clues": http://www.aboutthebeatles.com/paulisdeadclues.php It can be kind of fun to look up some of the album art with Google Images to see them closer. The audio bits range from, "wow, I totally hear that" to "gee, someone is really trying to hear something that isn't there".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwap79uy1G8 - Paperback Writer promo video that shows Paul's tooth is chipped and a scar. So maybe at least part of the story is true... or maybe where some of the legend began?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQHoelGzbM - The Rotten Apple on Youtube is a collection of videos that show clues and audio clips about Paul's supposed death. Again, some of it is really stretching. I think it's interesting how certain "imagery" repeats itself. There are many other (better?) videos on Youtube on the topic that show things in greater depth, but I don't have them bookmarked.

Here is a face comparison of Paul and the so-called imposter (Apparently the page has been taken down due to a threat from Paul McCartney's attorneys, but I found this one in the webarchive):
http://web.archive.org/web/20030620184010/http://uberkinder.5u.com/paul/index.html

There is much more out there... to me it's entertaining, but I can see why someone else might write the whole thing off as being silly nonsense. :D

stoner said...

Willy--you are awesome! Thanks for the info!