Friday, March 6, 2009

Give up...she doesn't get it! More tales from Primary.....


At church a couple weeks ago, they were playing a game to quiet the children. One child stood at the front of the room quietly and looked for another child who was equally quiet. The picker (sounds like a hygiene problem) would pick a quiet child. The picked (sounds like a zit) would go to the front and have their turn. Round and round the game went--the picker would pick, the pickee would pick a new picker, and so on. The kids really seemed to enjoy this game and the room was the quietest it had been the entire hour....except for my kid. Sassy was bouncing up and down on my lap, waving at the reverent kid in front, "whispering" loudly, "Pick me kid! Pick me!" I tried to explain to her that she had to be quiet to be picked, when "Prince Charming" (that is how he introduced himself the first day of class) tapped my knee and said seriously, "Give up! She doesn't get it!" How true...how true....Thanks again Prince Charming!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

She looks like her daddy in this picture! Funny story...Little ones are a laugh a minute and then complete exhaustion later.

Dellp said...

Some kids get too much! Prince Charming is only three, right? Three going on thirty.

As for Sassy Bee. No surprise here. "Pick me. Pick me kid." Sounds like a metaphor for life.

:oP

William said...

I frequently find myself reminding students to raise their hands when they want to be called on. Often, they will respond to my directive, but I frequently have to follow-up to further instruct that the teacher will not respond, regardless of whether the hand is raised, if they continue shouting to get her attention. :P

What I hate the worst is when I finally get through to the student who is now patiently raising his hand, but the teacher still refuses to call on them! :P It seems to me that the lesson is lost if the child's attempts are fruitless... but I digress.

Billie said...

Again, that's my boy.